All posts by shannon

February 25th, 2016 Meeting Minutes

Maple Ridge Estates Home Owners Association Meeting

Attendance: Roseana, Alberta, Pete, Julie, Brian, Cathy, Janet, Shannon and Rick

Call to Order

New Board Positions:

President: Brian Ellis

Vice President: Rick Sarkany

Treasurer: Pete Giere

ACC Committee: Alberta Denesen, Roseana Fernandez, and Julie Soranaka

Maintenance: Cathy Ollman and Janet Wendt

Secretary: Shannon Creekmore

Cathy Moved to approve these positions, Rick seconded the motion and everyone else in attendance was in favor.

Treasurer’s Report

Pete handed out the current funds in the bank account. 27 houses are past due  on the annual due and of those, 9 are more than one year past due. Pete is going to send out letters.

Committee Reports

Maintenance: Brian is looking into the monument lighting at the north entrance. He is checking on LED spotlights Janet will contact Canber to get quotes for thatching and reseeding the common area. We decided to keep ordering Mutt Mitts for the 3 dispensers we have in the neighborhood, Rick is looking at cheaper options that are biodegradable. We are also going to look at the landscaping at the south entrance to the neighborhood. There are no sprinklers so we would have to get drought resistant plants.

ACC: There is a house with Copp water drainage and Rick will look into this and investigate if we need to intervene as an HOA.  There was one siding request so far this year. There is a house with a car that has flat tires and ACC will send out a letter to the homeowner.

Business

We went over the calendar for the year. We will have a spring cleanup with a yard waste dumpster the weekend of April 29-May 2nd. Janet will follow up with the dumpster vendor we use. We will have the community garage sale the 3rd weekend in June.

Next meeting is April 14th 2016 at 7 PM at Ricks house or the library.

 

November 9th 2015 Annual Meeting

We held our annual Home Owners Association meeting November 9th 2015 at the Fairwood Library.

We discussed the treasurers report for 2015. While our treasurer was not able to attend the meeting, we did go over the available funds, our savings account and past dues that have not been paid yet.

We went over peoples concerns in attendance which included cigarette butts being left on the sidewalk, more street lights on 158th, solicitors in the neighborhood, and a horse trailer in someones driveway.

We discussed putting up fliers on the mailboxes to handout important information and found out that the USPS does not want us to put anything on the mailboxes. We did get some volunteers from other owners to help pass out fliers.

We got 2 new board members: Roseana Fernandez and Cathy Ollman. Welcome to the board!

We drew two names of people in attendance for half off 2016 dues and the winners were Ron W. and Sharon V.

September 24, 2015 Meeting Minutes

Maple Ridge Estates HOA Meeting 9/24/15

Attendance: Julie, Janet, Alberta, Brian, Rick, Shannon, Pete and Ian

Minutes: They were just put up online recently due to technical difficulties and will need to be approved at the next meeting.

Treasurer’s Report:

Pete gave us an updated report with up to date amounts. We got reimbursed half of the amount for the 2 new benches in the park from the city of Renton and Sean and Rick will talk to the home owner about the plaque for one of the benches and her donation.

Audit will be done in the next month. Pete will email Rick who used to be on the board to set up a time and Shannon on the board and Steve Creekmore will also be there to help with the audit.

There are about 30 houses who have not paid their dues for this year and there are 10 houses who are delinquent for more than one year. Next step to the houses over a year delinquent may include sending a certified letter that we will file a lien if not paid in full.

ACC Report:

All the emails people send in to get approvals are checked, approved and current by the ACC members.

Maintenance:

Janet will talk to Sean about contacting Canber to get the water shut off for the year, winterize the sprinklers and look to see if there is a leak near the playground.

There was a complaint about a pop up canopy being up for months at one persons house and per our CNR’s that is not allowed. Rick will talk to the homeowners about removing the pop up canopy from the driveway.

Brian is looking at lighting for the monument at the lower entrance to the neighborhood. He has them narrowed down and plans on getting the new lights up and installed by this Halloween.

Ian will look at contractors drop boxes that we can put up on our mailboxes to put flier in for neighborhood events. We can put fliers in them rather than passing them out to all houses since we have had feedback before that some people do not like us putting fliers on their front porch. He will email the board once he finds some to get approval for buying one for each mailbox in the neighborhood.

We decided not to do a fall dumpster for yard waste this year and will resume the dumpster next spring.

Annual Meeting:

It will be 11/9/15 at 7 PM at Fairwood Library. We will have 2 drawings for half off dues again. Alberta will bring cookies and bottled water for the meeting. Shannon will update Facebook and the HOA website to announce the annual meeting. Brian will provide the agenda for the annual meeting and will include the Facebook and HOA website on the agenda so the homeowners will know how to get ahold of the HOA.  Brian will also send out the questionnaire to the board before the meeting so we can review it and make any necessary changes.

Shannon will have fliers ready by Sept 21st and the A frame  boards will go out the first week in November to advertise the annual meeting.

July 30th , 2015 Meeting Minutes

Maple Ridge Estates 7/30/15 HOA Meeting

Attendance: Pete, Brian, Shannon, Janet, Rick, Alberta

Minutes approved from last meeting by everyone.

Treasurer: No new business. No one new has paid since last meeting. Pete has sent some letters. Most people that have not paid have not done so for years or are rental houses.

ACC:  Need to have people on ACC committee check the email as people are submitting paint samples through the website and are not getting responses.

There is a slow leak near the new playground in the common area. Sean Michael is trying to get a hold of Canber to have them fix it and we are not hearing back. Will continue to have Sean Michael check in with them to get it fixed.  Our contact/account manager at Canber passed away and they are in the process of hiring a new person.

August 12th City of Renton Picnic:  5:30 – 7:30. Will include in flyer to bring in canned food items and we will have a raffle. Three people on the board will bring raffle prizes.  We will also have a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new park.  Janet will get supplemental water and drinks.  Shannon will bring the tickets for the raffle. We will have three people show up early to help the City set up.

Next meeting:  September 24th 7:30 in the park.

City Sponsored Picnic Wed 8/12/15

The City of Renton is sponsoring a picnic this Wednesday. I hope everyone got a chance to review the flyer that was passed out last week. The city of Renton is providing hot dogs and the HOA will be providing hamburgers, chips and some beverages. Please bring a side dish to share and also consider bringing canned food items to donate to local food banks. We will be giving out a raffle ticket to those who donate canned food items and have amazing prizes.

The picnic runs from 5:30 to 7:30 and we will also be having a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new playground.

Hope to see you all there!

Block Watch Meeting

Maple Ridge Estates HOA is hosting a Block Watch meeting April 16th at 7 PM at the Maplewood Greens River Rock Grill, 4050 Maple Valley Highway in Renton. Cyndie Parks from the Renton Police Department will be hosting the meeting. Please invite all your neighbors to attend as Cyndie will be talking about very time sensitive information due to the recent break-ins in our neighborhood.

The board members will be passing out fliers soon so please be on the look out for them with more information.

Thanks.

Spring Cleaning Event April 17th-18th

We are having our spring cleaning event for our neighborhood April 17th -18th. The HOA will be proving a yard waste dumpster that weekend and it will be in its normal spot across from the new play ground in the common area. Time to get rid of all of your tree branches and yard waste from trimming up your yards!

We will also be having a neighborhood clean-up day and are inviting everyone to come help spruce up the lower entrance to the neighborhood. Please see the flier that will be coming out soon with more details. Its time to come together as a neighborhood and help make it a cleaner and more inviting place.

 

March 26th, 2015 Meeting Minutes

Maple Ridge Estates HOA Meeting 3/26/15

Attendance: Brian, Rick, Alberta, Sean Michael, Shannon and Janet

Minutes approves from last meeting.

  • Looked at benches to put in the park. Found a few we liked and are looking for better pricing. Brian will put it out on Facebook asking if others want to contribute as well. We approved a price and design. We are using $500 donation and $500 city grant matching. Will use funds from HOA is needed but trying to use raised funds to pay for it.
  • Discussed signage in the park by the new play structure. We are thinking putting hours, private property and play at your own risk on signage. Looking at putting 2 signs up.
  • Pete and Shannon spoke to the Porters last month and they said they will keep their front yard cleaned and not work on their car in the driveway per the CCR. We also discussed them putting a cover on their classic car that is not a tarp. They said they will try to keep the newspapers cleared from their yard as well.
  • Spring Cleaning event April 17,18 and 19th. Our service project for getting the city to come out for the summer BBQ will consist of: cleaning our entrance areas to the neighborhood, cleaning our signs (pressure wash) and yard work in the park. We will be also providing a yard waste dumpster that weekend.
  • We will pass out fliers for the Block Watch and Spring Cleaning. Shannon will make the fliers and we will pass them out next few weeks. The Block Watch Meeting will be April 16th at Maple Wood Golf Courses.
  • Next meeting will be May21st @ 7 pm at Janets house.

February 26th, 2015 Meeting Minutes

HOA Meeting Maple Ridge Estate
In attendance:
Shannon Creekmore, Brian Ellis, Pete, Sean, Alberta, Rick, Julie, Ian
Minutes from last meeting in November approves unanimously.

New positions:
President – Brian
Vice President- Ian
Secretary- Shannon
Treasurer- Pete
Maintenance- Julie and Janet
ACC- Rick, Sean, Alberta

Pete passed out the treasures report. 20 houses pass due and we are sending out notices soon for this years dues.

We are going to get a mini grant for benches. We will have $1000 to spend from donations from a neighbor.

Pete will work on getting the audit done.

The monument on the 140th entrance lights are out. Will need to get an electrician to come out. Pete will have someone give us a bid.

Will get up to 2 Mitt Mutts orders a year. Each is about $90 an order and will look at cheaper options.

Will look at costs for signs to put in the park that say park hours etc.

There is a house with a broke down car, lots of newspapers, car parts etc that neighbors are complaining about. We will go and talk to them to see what we can do to help. Rick and Shannon will try and talk to them to figure out a plan.

There is a POD that has been in a driveway and that person is doing a house remodel.

Spring cleaning April 17-19. Sean will order the dumpster.

Sean will look into getting a dumpster for spring cleaning project for the city picnic.

Next meeting is March 26th at 7 pm