Monthly Archives: August 2020

MRE BoD Special Meeting 17 June 2020

MAPLE RIDGE ESTATES HOA SPECIAL BOARD MEETING – June 17, 2020

Minutes

I. Call to Order at 6pm

II. Attendance Present: Michael, Bob, Robert & Gigi, Jess & Sharon,

                        Absent:  Toni and Pete

III.  General Discussion – main purpose of this special meeting is to discuss and vote on mailbox replacement.

  1. Mail box replacement – the board discussed to replace five to seven boxes depending on the quote and budget.  Jess will call the vendor and ask for quotes and extended discount for the remaining boxes that may be replaced late this year or early next year.
    1. Quote with discount for 10 units.  
    1. Mailbox to be replaced:  A, C, E, F, S
    1. Jess will contact the post office to coordinate as well as handle the key distributions to homeowners
  2. HOA shirt or vest – should the board wear something that has “MRE HOA Board” so homeowners can identify them when walking around soliciting, checking out the neighborhoods, i.e. mailbox, monuments, etc.
  3. Robert – we should receive the final attorney bill soon
  4. Gigi to prepare 2020 financials
  5. Discussed the potential of putting up surveillance cameras, powered by solar and/or electric – wish list as funding becomes available 😊

VI. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 7:15PM.  Next meeting August 6, Thursday at 6pm.  Location TBD

MRE BoD Meeting 26 May 2020

MAPLE RIDGE ESTATES HOA BOARD MEETING – May 26, 2020

Minutes

I. Call to Order at 6pm

II. Attendance Present: Michael, Toni, Bob, Pete, Robert & Gigi, Jess & Sharon, Resident: Sandy

III. Treasurer’s Report

  1. Financials Report – Cash balance; Emergency Reserve
  2. About half of membership dues have been paid

IV. Committee Report

  1. Maintenance
  2. Monuments – will be power washed by Jess and Robert to save $1,500
  3. Michael is looking into solar powered lighting for the monument at 156th street.
  4. The upper monument is not in bad shape; has two light bulbs that are burned, just need to be replaced.
  5. Tampered mailboxes. Warning signs have been posted. Options to reinforce the locks and security cameras are being explored.
  6. ACC
  7. Diseased trees along 138th and 139th (within the homeowners’ property lines) need to be trimmed or cut down. 
  8. Need to contact the city regarding poor drainage on 158th street.

V. General Discussion

  1. Board discussed the lawyer’s recommendations for updating the CC&R and By Laws.
  2. Board to engage the homeowners regarding provisions that are (1) obsolete and inconsistent with the law that must be updated, (2) deemed restrictive or too relaxed that could be improved if there is enough support from members.
  3. Board (Michael and Bob?) will create a flyer that summarizes what’s been done in the neighborhood including the recent application for Articles of Incorporation, and will highlight the concerns on the obsolete CC&R
  4. Community picnic 2020. Covid-19 restrictions still in place. Food truck explored.

VI. Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 7:30PM. Next meeting scheduled July 2nd – location: TBD

MRE BOD Special Meeting 22-April 2020

HOA MEETING, 4/22/2020

In Attendance: Mike, Bob, Jesse, Gigi & Robert T

Discussed questions to ask the lawyer:

  • Implementation – must be approved by 75% homeowners. 
    • Initial recommendation by the lawyer was to write a letter and mail to homeowners (HO) and assist the Board with HO questions.
    • Cost varies depending on how much time is expended. Lawyer’s email forwarded to Board Jan. 30, 2020 puts typical cost for amendments to be in the range of $2,500 – $4,000 depending on the number of revisions recommended. Board will ask for a quote.
    • Completion date (how long would it take to complete?)
  • Virtual meeting or conference call with the attorney?  When?

Proposed May 8, Friday at 6:30pm.  Checked with the lawyer.  Dates that work for him are May 11, 12, or 13 at 5:30pm

================================================================================

  • Bob’s questions discussed with the Board:

CCR issues, concerns that I am hoping a rewrite of our documents would provide specific guidance

MRE BOD Meeting 2-Apr-2020

Maple Ridge Estates HOA BOD Meeting 4/2/2020

Agenda

  • Call to Order
    • Attendance (Virtual) – Michael, Bob, Gig, Jess, Robert
    • Send instructions for virtual google hangouts
  • Treasurer’s Report
  • Committee Reports
    • Maintenance
      • Monuments
        • Electrical evaluation pending…
        • Pressure wash upcoming months
      • Trees
      • Neighborhood park
        • ‘Kinked’ edging Canber will correct when next available
      • Other
    • ACC
      • Roof approvals processed past month
      • Houses have removed christmas lights that are still up
      • Continued work on dead tree removal
  • Covenant Update
    • Spring Cleanup
      • Set up Banners, update website
    • Reminder to residents regarding rules of covenant
  • Other Business