MAPLE RIDGE ESTATES HOA BOARD MEETING – February 20, 2020
I. Call to Order at 7pm
II. Attendance1. Present: Michael, Toni, Bob, Pete, Janet, Robert, and Gigi2. Absent: Jess
III. Treasurer’s Report
1. Financials Report out
• HOA letters are being prepared and will be mailed out in early April
• Last big expense – trees removal, playground and park maintenance gravel included; total cost paid
• Total remaining balance
• Total reserve: restricted for major expense such as sprinklers.
• The Board approved a 5% HOA Dues increase.
• Audit Update (Treasurer’s report) – Pete will handle
IV. Committee Report
• Playground, benches, trees, gravel – all done• Spring clean-up – scheduled to 1st weekend of April
• Monuments – will be power washed by Camber
• Michael to request a quote from a professional electrician to repair the lighting on the monument at 156th street.
• Abandoned house is being cleaned up…would it be put up for sale? 😊
• Christmas Lights – all taken down except one house.
• A couple homeowners need to power wash sidewalks (greasy)
• Air B&B house finally sold. New owner moved in.
• Dead trees on one house at 138th and 158th street need to be cut down3. General Discussion
• Janet returned all the HOA documents, paper work, files, and tools – Bob will keep. Michael suggested to digitize all paper work/documents.
• The Board approved legal consultation for the review of governing documents (CC&R and By Laws).
• Digital email and website (Dodo) – Michael will handle
• General rule and misc notifications to homeowners will be included on the dues letters. • Official letter head. Pete to email Mike the official letter head and will be put on the website. • Three request emails from homeowners: 1) double parking – Bob spoke to homeowner. Will be resolved by Spring. 2) Add a recycle/donation link to the website – ok. Mike to add. 3) Mailbox – expensive to replace and post office has to approve.
• Board meeting will be held every 1st Thursday of every other month at 7pm. Gigi wo send out reminder. • April 2nd, Thursday 7pm• June 4th, Thursday 7pm• August 6th, Thursday 7pm• October 1st, Thursday 7pm• December 3rd, Thursday 7pm4.
• Mailbox – still undecided/TBD. Put cameras?
• Sprinklers on monuments.
• 2020 picnic. Will write a proposal to the city of Renton and request for sponsorship. Will need to do some kind of community work that benefits the community. Bob will prepare a sign-up sheet for the Spring clean-up.
• Next meeting, April 2nd – Location: Online