June 2018 Board Meeting Minutes

Call to Order

    • Attendance
      • Roseana, Rick, Bob, Janet, Pete, Helene, Michael
    • Approval of Meeting Minutes
      • April Meeting Minutes Approved
    • Welcome New Members
      • ew members to be added to email list and website

Treasurer’s Report

  • Financials Report out
    • 9 Houses have sold in 2018 YTD
    • Need to transfer the website billing from prior President
    • Pete and Rick to review the HOA banking accounts
    • Tax Return has been filed.
  • 2018 Dues Report – about ¾ have been paid.
  • Audit Update
    • Open Action for Pete. Shannon and Vaughn have volunteered to support the Audit.

Committee Reports

  • Maintenance
      • Monument – Canber
        • Lighting – Board voted in favor to request a lighting assessment. Janet to request for proposal pricing with a not to exceed amount $ and/or hrs
        • Bark around monuments – beauty barks around the 2 monuments.
          • Board voted in favor of Canber – quoted $975
      • Common Area Maintenance – Spring 2018
        • Play Area Structure
          • Board voted in favor – for quote received of $1,800 – received from Northwest Playground.
          • Request to company to assess the play structure maintenance/tune up.
        • Dethatch/Reseed – Postponed to Fall 2018
          • Board voted in favor – Quote from Canber – $2,611.
        • Park Trail graveled to be refreshed
          • Request Canber for a quote.
        • Dead tree to be addressed
          • Janet to request Canber to pull out the dead tree.
  • ACC
    • Open Items
      • Addressed: “Chickens” were removed in April
      • Addressed: Cul-de-sac off 158th, parking issues has been resolved
    • New Business
      • Pride of Ownership award – in surrounding neighborhoods. Board to evaluate if this should be implemented. Set up for monthly or quarterly award, could incent with discounted dues. Rick to request sample criteria for the program.
      • One house with Christmas lights (in cul-de-sac near the park).
      • One house with a boat park in front yard.
      • 2 trees on both sides of 158th st have been dropping pine needles and need to be addressed.
      • Vacant house (upper) has lawn overgrown.
        • Will attempt to contact the homeowner(s) for first notice. Next step, board will hire company to address the maintenance and charge to owners.

New Business

  • New Board Positions
    • Board to Consider hiring HOA Service – Property Mgmt Company
    • Administrative Services – take meeting minutes, maintain website, send letters?
    • Rick to get quotes.
  • Neighborhood Picnic
    • Helene coordinated with City of Renton – invited some City Officials
    • Board will provide hotdogs/chips/drinks/water balloons
    • Potluck style from neighbors
    • Scheduled: Wednesday, August 8th (5pm-8pm)
    • Helene to print out fliers and get distributed
    • Roseana to update Facebook and Website
  • Garage Sale – Board voted against a community wide sale. To be revisited in Summer 2019.
  • 2018 Meeting Schedule
    • 1st month of the quarter, 3rd Wednesday of the month
      • September 19th, 2018
      • Annual Board Meeting – November 7th or 14th 2018? Rick to reserve library.
  • Website/Facebook Updates
    • Post reminder of upcoming HOA meeting dates/locations

Date/Time/Location of Next Meeting: Wednesday, September 19th @ Bob’s House