February 2017 Meeting Minutes

Attendees:

Roseana, Pete, Janet, Rick, Alberta, Bob, Julie

  • Prior Meeting minutes
    • Annual meeting-November 2016
  • Assign Board roles for 2017
    • President: Brian
    • Vice President: Rick
    • Secretary: Roseana
    • Treasurer: Pete
    • Maintenance: Janet
    • ACC: Alberta/Bob (Chair) and Julie
  • Treasurers Report
    • Pete to send out 2017 HOA notices in March
    • 28 (out of 156) outstanding home dues for 2016, about half for more than one year
    • Decision to attach condensed set of CCRs and Request for new Board members
      • Summarized rules: RVs/Cars parked for extended time, yard maintenance (sidewalk maintenance), Contacts (roof, paint, etc)
      • ACTION: Janet/Rick to work on drafting these prior to March. Proposed FAQ format. Will also include the notification that Christmas lights need to be taken down.
  • Maintenance
    • Common Area
      • Tree Trimming
        • Canber quote “limb up 7 pine trees”
        • Need to ensure the 7 trees include the 2 trees the one resident was concerned about. There is also a row of Fir trees.
        • Need to clarify the expectations of what is meant by trimming the trees. Will the trees be skirted or limbs taken up completely on one side? Should the trees just be removed completely?
        • ACTION: Janet/Alberta to meet in the park with the resident to discussed the trees in question and to clarify the expectations. Schedule appointment with Canber to follow up.
        • As discussed and voted (approved) to trim/wind-sail the tress, the HOA will pay 100% of the costs. Pending the final cost estimate.
    • Play structure
      • Last status was pending Shannon to contact the manufacturer for a specific tool needed to attach the new piece.
      • ACTION: Janet to contact Shannon regarding the status.
    • Mutt mitts
      • Need to get the key transferred to Maintenance and copied so multiple people can reload them.
      • Also, need to check if we have supply or if we need to order more. Proposing to find a type of lower priced bags that will fit the dispenser, perhaps biodegradable.
      • Janet to contact Shannon to get the key.
  • ACC
      • Status of RVs/Trailers which have been notified.
        • What leverage does the board have if residents are not responsive to the request to move/violation notifications?
        • Letters have been sent and discussion was had during the annual meeting.
        • ACTION: Next step will be to send a follow up letter (certified).
      • Note: Some police reports have been submitted for vehicles being parked for extended periods of time in the street.
      • Note: cars parked for an extended period in resident’s driveways is under the HOA purview.

  • ACTION: ACC to discuss with Resident off 158th St that has had wood piled in driveway for an extended period.
  • ACTION: ACC to see if any homes still have Christmas lights, will then start to follow up in March timing.
  • ACTION: Home off 158th has some ground vegetation growing over the sidewalk, will contact the resident.
  • Board Goals for 2017
    • Proposed purchases for 2017
      • Fix electrical/lights at monuments (North and South):
        • ACTION: Rick and Brian to contact electrician(s) to get price quotes, will follow up with board via email for vote.  
      • New sandwich boards:
        • ACTION: Alberta/Bob to get price quotes for pre-printed signage (garage sale, annual meeting, etc), will follow up with board via email for vote.
    • Board to discuss updating CCRs.
      • Board members to review other neighborhood CCRs to do a gap analysis and propose additions or updates to the current CCRs (% of renters, liability of renters to the owners, enforcement of violations, etc).

 

Next Meeting: Wednesday, April 5th @ Alberta and Bob’s home  

Topics to be discussed include the Spring Cleanup (first weekend in May)