Monthly Archives: June 2017

June 2017 Meeting Minutes

Attendees:

Roseana, Janet, Pete, Rick, Brian, Julie, Alberta and Bob

Visitor: Helene

  • Prior Meeting minutes
    • April 2017 meeting minutes (sent via email)
  • Summer Picnic
  • Date: Saturday, July 22nd.
  • Time: 11am-2pm
  • Entertainment: Tug-a-war rope (Janet), Parachute (Julie), Water Balloons, Sprinkler
  • Note: Janet has the key for the watermain
  • Need to contact City of Renton, to see if the neighborhood can borrow the “Games” trailer.
      • Food: HOA will purchase
      • Tables: boards members will bring a few
      • Marketing: Social media, website and printed flyer (Helene and other board members to hand out)
  • ACTION: Rick will draft the flyer
  • ACTION: Will pass out flyers the weekend June 30th-July 2nd
  • Treasurers Report

 

Prior Business

  • 2/3 HOA dues have been paid.

New Business

  • Spring Clean Up invoice has been paid
  • Maintenance

 

Prior Business

  • Spring Clean Up
    • Note: there was a lot of debris just thrown on the ground (not in the dumpster). Dumpsters filled quickly, may need to increase to 2 next year. Look at old Facebook post which included some etiquette tips for the dumpster
      • Canber trimmed the trees and the neighbors’ responses have been positive
      • Canber suggested dethatching grass every other year.
      • PENDING: Canber action regarding the tree stump
      • Play structure: Pete has the ladder in his backyard.
        • Janet received parts for the play structure.
        • ACTION: Bob will attempt to install the parts, found the tool
        • Ladder has chipped paint, will need to seal the paint. There is a new ladder in Pete’s yard, but look to repaint the current ladder.
      • Mutt Mitts Update: Janet got the keys from Shannon and boxes of the bags and refilled the stations. Janet and Alberta each have keys for the boxes.
        • ACTION: Alberta to look for other bags (lower cost options).

New Business

  • ACTION: Alberta to look for lower cost options for Mutt Mitts replacement. New box option and bags (biodegradable option?).
  • ACTION: Janet to look for a licensed Arborist who could come assess the trees in the Common Area. Rick has a contact.
  • ACC

 

  • Prior Business
    • RV and Boat have been moved. Vegetation has been trimmed for the house off of 158th.
  • Still Open items: contacted the homeowner off 158th regarding the wood pile/fencing material and BBQ pit are still on the driveway. Have contacted the homeowner multiple times, will follow up verbally again before sending a note.

 

New Business

    • reviewed the roof being installed on 158th st and approved the material.
    • ACTION: Need to define process for informing residents that yards need to be maintained.
    • ACTION: will follow up with the rental property management company to get the yard maintained.
    • ACTION: will contact Homeowner regarding the renters who are parking on the sidewalk.

     

     

     Next Meeting and Topics: Tuesday, September 12th Brian will host.

    • Garage Sale weekend of June 23rd-June 25th. Signs have been put up and will update Facebook.
    • City of Renton has a projector and sound system to rent for Movie nights.     
    • Fall Clean up will happen late Sept/early Oct

     

    April 2017 Meeting Minutes

    Attendees:

    Roseana, Janet, Brian, Alberta, Bob, Pete

    • Prior Meeting minutes
      • Feb 2017 meeting minutes (sent via email)
    • Treasurers Report
      • HOA due letters have been sent out.
      • Some overdue payments have been made.
    • Maintenance

     

    Prior Business

    • Canber quote for common area discussed: proposal of $2,285, HOA to cover 100%.
            • Vote-APPROVED to proceed.
            • ACTION: Ask Canber to assess if any other trees in the common area need to be trimmed or taken down.
            • ACTION: Janet will provide the neighboring housing a verbal notice prior to the trees being removed.
          • Play structure Update: Pete has the ladder in his backyard.
            • ACTION: Janet to see if Shannon had provided her the tool needed to install the ladder.
            • ACTION: Janet to call the company directly to inquire if the play structure has been redesigned or if there are any known issues with the model. Brian will look for email from the local sales rep.
          • Mutt Mitts Update: Janet got the keys from Shannon and boxes of the bags.
            • ACTION: Alberta to look for other bags (lower cost options).
            • New Business
          • Spring Clean-up for first weekend in May
              • ACTION: Janet to get updated quote and reserve for May 5-7th.

          • ACTION: Alberta/Bob to put up the sandwich boards set up no later than April 23rd. Roseana to update Facebook page and Website with announcement.
            • **Add note with verbiage regarding the compostable bags that can be picked up weekly…instead of adding those to the dumpster.
          • Dethatching of the grass in the common area. In the past had it done but then with heat wave didn’t take.
            • ACTION: Janet to request a bid from Canber for the following:
              • thatching of grass
              • removal of the tree stump (of the tree that fell in 2016).
    • ACC
      • followed up with the resident regarding the RV.  Sent a certified letter to the homeowner as a 1st warning. Will follow up and see if RV comes back. If needed will send a 2nd letter indicating a fine and/or lien.
      • contacted the homeowner off 158th regarding the wool pile/fencing material and BBQ pit taken care off by first weekend of May.
      • contacted the homeowners of the house off 158th regarding the vegetation growing over the sidewalk. Indicated they will have it taken care of in 2 weeks.   
      • Pending- RE: pre-printed signage (garage sale, annual meeting, etc.). Bob has gotten new markers and will test out the current signs.

     

    • Board Goals for 2017
    • Open Item: Board to discuss updating CCRs.
      • Board members to review other neighborhood CCRs to do a gap analysis and propose additions or updates to the current CCRs (% of renters, liability of renters to the owners, enforcement of violations, etc.)

    Next Meeting and Topics: June 14th (Wednesday) to be hosted by Janet

    • Garage Sale (3rd weekend in June) along with other neighborhoods
    • Picnic (tentative late July/early August)
    • City of Renton has a projector and sound system to rent for Movie nights.     

     

    February 2017 Meeting Minutes

    Attendees:

    Roseana, Pete, Janet, Rick, Alberta, Bob, Julie

    • Prior Meeting minutes
      • Annual meeting-November 2016
    • Assign Board roles for 2017
      • President: Brian
      • Vice President: Rick
      • Secretary: Roseana
      • Treasurer: Pete
      • Maintenance: Janet
      • ACC: Alberta/Bob (Chair) and Julie
    • Treasurers Report
      • Pete to send out 2017 HOA notices in March
      • 28 (out of 156) outstanding home dues for 2016, about half for more than one year
      • Decision to attach condensed set of CCRs and Request for new Board members
        • Summarized rules: RVs/Cars parked for extended time, yard maintenance (sidewalk maintenance), Contacts (roof, paint, etc)
        • ACTION: Janet/Rick to work on drafting these prior to March. Proposed FAQ format. Will also include the notification that Christmas lights need to be taken down.
    • Maintenance
      • Common Area
        • Tree Trimming
          • Canber quote “limb up 7 pine trees”
          • Need to ensure the 7 trees include the 2 trees the one resident was concerned about. There is also a row of Fir trees.
          • Need to clarify the expectations of what is meant by trimming the trees. Will the trees be skirted or limbs taken up completely on one side? Should the trees just be removed completely?
          • ACTION: Janet/Alberta to meet in the park with the resident to discussed the trees in question and to clarify the expectations. Schedule appointment with Canber to follow up.
          • As discussed and voted (approved) to trim/wind-sail the tress, the HOA will pay 100% of the costs. Pending the final cost estimate.
      • Play structure
        • Last status was pending Shannon to contact the manufacturer for a specific tool needed to attach the new piece.
        • ACTION: Janet to contact Shannon regarding the status.
      • Mutt mitts
        • Need to get the key transferred to Maintenance and copied so multiple people can reload them.
        • Also, need to check if we have supply or if we need to order more. Proposing to find a type of lower priced bags that will fit the dispenser, perhaps biodegradable.
        • Janet to contact Shannon to get the key.
    • ACC
        • Status of RVs/Trailers which have been notified.
          • What leverage does the board have if residents are not responsive to the request to move/violation notifications?
          • Letters have been sent and discussion was had during the annual meeting.
          • ACTION: Next step will be to send a follow up letter (certified).
        • Note: Some police reports have been submitted for vehicles being parked for extended periods of time in the street.
        • Note: cars parked for an extended period in resident’s driveways is under the HOA purview.

    • ACTION: ACC to discuss with Resident off 158th St that has had wood piled in driveway for an extended period.
    • ACTION: ACC to see if any homes still have Christmas lights, will then start to follow up in March timing.
    • ACTION: Home off 158th has some ground vegetation growing over the sidewalk, will contact the resident.
    • Board Goals for 2017
      • Proposed purchases for 2017
        • Fix electrical/lights at monuments (North and South):
          • ACTION: Rick and Brian to contact electrician(s) to get price quotes, will follow up with board via email for vote.  
        • New sandwich boards:
          • ACTION: Alberta/Bob to get price quotes for pre-printed signage (garage sale, annual meeting, etc), will follow up with board via email for vote.
      • Board to discuss updating CCRs.
        • Board members to review other neighborhood CCRs to do a gap analysis and propose additions or updates to the current CCRs (% of renters, liability of renters to the owners, enforcement of violations, etc).

     

    Next Meeting: Wednesday, April 5th @ Alberta and Bob’s home  

    Topics to be discussed include the Spring Cleanup (first weekend in May)