September 15, 2016 Meeting Minutes

HOA notes from 9/15/16

Members in attendance: Rick, Pete, Roseana, Alberta, Brian and Shannon

Nonmembers: Sanders

Minutes unanimously approved from last meeting.

Sanders came as his house borders the common area/park at the lower entrance of the neighborhood near 156th. He said one of the trees that is in the common area owned by the neighborhood and maintained by the HOA is hanging over in his yard and is dropping sap and ruining his yard and lawn furniture. He is asking what his options are. The HOA board advised that he can cut down the branches that are on his side of the property and that is up to him as a homeowner to do that since the branches are hanging in his yard. He wanted to know about cutting the tree down or thinning it and what the HOA can do to help out. We advised at this time it appears the HOA is not liable to pay for the tree to be cut down as is not dead or diseased. We discussed maybe getting an arborist to come out and assess the trees in that area. We gave him some options and he will get back to us.

Maintenance: Brian said he has the lights ready to go for the sign to the neighborhood at the 156th entrance. He just needs to put them up.

Treasurers Report: Continue to get requests from people selling houses to get statements and a few have paid over-due HOA fees. 28 houses are still past due for 2016 and about half are more than one year. Pete will send out reminders. We are steadily increasing our reserves since the playground that was built 2 years ago.

ACC: We also went over the Canber proposal to clean up the 156th monument area as well as the 138th monument. The total came to $1,697.25. We removed some items and voted to remove the dead plants at 156th entrance, prune up the area and plant new grass. Also approved to remove any dead plants in the upper entrance and clean it up. Lastly. it was approved to prune and spray the cul-de-sac.  All of these were approved by all member of the board present. This should come to around $1,220.

Concerns from neighbors: There is a light near the upper entrance near the burned down tree stump where a tree is infringing on the light. A concerned neighbor wants to know who is responsible for maintaining the tree.  Not sure of the city is responsible for it as it is there light. Shannon will call the city and inquire.

There is also a house with new security camera equipment and wires that are running on the roof.  Rick on the board said it was just put up and we will monitor to see if it stays that way and if the board needs to talk to the owner about making it in compliance with the neighborhood HOA.

We all voted to have the fall cleanup again. We will order a yard waste dumpster the weekend of Oct 28-30th and put it in the same spot near the common area at 156th entrance. Janet will order the dumpster.

The annual HOA meeting will be 11/16/16 at the Fairwood Library from 7-9 PM. Alberta will get light refreshments and water. We will have the same raffle prizes of 2 people getting half off next year’s dues.

Next meeting will be the annual meeting.