September 24, 2015 Meeting Minutes

Maple Ridge Estates HOA Meeting 9/24/15

Attendance: Julie, Janet, Alberta, Brian, Rick, Shannon, Pete and Ian

Minutes: They were just put up online recently due to technical difficulties and will need to be approved at the next meeting.

Treasurer’s Report:

Pete gave us an updated report with up to date amounts. We got reimbursed half of the amount for the 2 new benches in the park from the city of Renton and Sean and Rick will talk to the home owner about the plaque for one of the benches and her donation.

Audit will be done in the next month. Pete will email Rick who used to be on the board to set up a time and Shannon on the board and Steve Creekmore will also be there to help with the audit.

There are about 30 houses who have not paid their dues for this year and there are 10 houses who are delinquent for more than one year. Next step to the houses over a year delinquent may include sending a certified letter that we will file a lien if not paid in full.

ACC Report:

All the emails people send in to get approvals are checked, approved and current by the ACC members.

Maintenance:

Janet will talk to Sean about contacting Canber to get the water shut off for the year, winterize the sprinklers and look to see if there is a leak near the playground.

There was a complaint about a pop up canopy being up for months at one persons house and per our CNR’s that is not allowed. Rick will talk to the homeowners about removing the pop up canopy from the driveway.

Brian is looking at lighting for the monument at the lower entrance to the neighborhood. He has them narrowed down and plans on getting the new lights up and installed by this Halloween.

Ian will look at contractors drop boxes that we can put up on our mailboxes to put flier in for neighborhood events. We can put fliers in them rather than passing them out to all houses since we have had feedback before that some people do not like us putting fliers on their front porch. He will email the board once he finds some to get approval for buying one for each mailbox in the neighborhood.

We decided not to do a fall dumpster for yard waste this year and will resume the dumpster next spring.

Annual Meeting:

It will be 11/9/15 at 7 PM at Fairwood Library. We will have 2 drawings for half off dues again. Alberta will bring cookies and bottled water for the meeting. Shannon will update Facebook and the HOA website to announce the annual meeting. Brian will provide the agenda for the annual meeting and will include the Facebook and HOA website on the agenda so the homeowners will know how to get ahold of the HOA.  Brian will also send out the questionnaire to the board before the meeting so we can review it and make any necessary changes.

Shannon will have fliers ready by Sept 21st and the A frame  boards will go out the first week in November to advertise the annual meeting.