May 21st, 2015 Meeting Minutes

Maple Ridge Estates HOA Board Meeting

May 21st 2015

I. Call to order

  1. Attendance: Brian, Shannon, Ian, Alberta, Pete, Janet, Rick
  2. Approval of prior Meeting Minutes: approved by all

II. Committee Report

  1. ACC: no new applications for paint colors, fences, etc. Alberta’s neighbor has long grass/weeds that she will talk to about getting it mowed and cleaned up.
  2. Maintenance: Lights on the monument at the entrance at SE 158 are broken and not working. Same with the lower entrance lights. We are going to price out units and look at it to see if we can do the work versus hiring an electrician come in. All the board members present approved up to $500 for 4 lights: 2 for the upper entrance and 2 for the lower entrance. Brian will research prices.
  3. Fence: there is a broken fence by the View Pointe entrance in the upper part of the neighborhood. Pete dropped off some posts at Ricks house to help repair it. Brian and Shannon will help him.

III. Business

  1. Park benches donation: the Aulakh family is donating $500 for the benches. The board members present unanimously approved to get the 2 benches ordered for $1200. We are applying to get a matching mini grant from the city of Renton so the out of pocket for the HOA will be around $200.
  2. Upcoming Events
    a) Community Garage Sale: we are waiting to see when the surrounding neighborhoods are doing their garage sale so we can piggyback on theirs. We will send out a flier. Likely the weekend of June 27-28.
    b) City Picnic: August 12th is the picnic. We will send out fliers before that.
    c) 4th of July Picnic: it was decided to go ahead and do the picnic this year. HOA will supply the hot dogs, condiments and chips. We are asking everyone else to bring a side dish.

IV. Treasurer Report

  1. Dues: Pete advised a lot of people have paid past dues recently. About 2/3 of people have paid for this year.
  2. Audit: Pete will ask his neighbor and Rick will ask his neighbor to get the audit done by end of July.

Next Meeting will be July 30th at 7 pm. Location TBD